Prana Yoga College center guide
Prana Yoga College places the Spirit of Yoga before its business aspect (even as this aspect is inevitable in the “real” world). For this reason the College’s energy and atmosphere, as well as keeping the practice at its highest, is our first priority. We cannot do this without you.
Please take to heart our guidelines below. This will help to maintain Prana Yoga College’s high standards of spiritual practice:
Please avoid being late to classes as it is a great disturbance for the teacher and the other yogis in the class. The best is coming a few minutes before the class starting time so you can start your practice with a relaxed mind.
When you come to a class you must stay until the end of the class. If you know your time doesn’t permit you to stay and complete the class, please avoid coming to class at all.
Avoid eating 2 hours before class as the yoga postures should be practiced on an empty stomach. If you are hungry and you need to eat something have an apple.
Avoid wearing loose shorts as it can expose your “private” body parts in different postures. If you like to wear shorts they should be tight and almost knee length. The ideal for yoga wear is long pants.
Please avoid wearing thong underwear or no underwear at all since when you stretch your pants fabric stretches with you and leaves you looking fully naked.
In very hot days we may use very moderate air conditioning. Ideally dress in layers.
Avoid wearing perfumes and heavy fragrance products since deep breathing is part of the yoga practice and any artificial fragrance product can be harmful and disturbing.
Although we provide yoga mats we strongly recommend to have your own yoga mat as it is much more hygienic. The Yoga Mat should be a personal item.
Avoid doing Shoulder Stand while on your period as it can reverse the flow of blood and either stop your period or create cramps. Instead you can either rest or do other posture you know and like.
Avoid practicing with pain or force. Yoga is a spiritual practice that expands Prana… energy in the body. If you work with pain and force that consume lots of Prana, you deplete the amount of Prana in your body and you turn your practice into a workout instead of spiritual, inner work.
Please listen to your body while practicing the Asanas (yoga postures) and modify or come out of the postures any time your body indicates it is too much through pain, discomfort, feeling dizzy, or nausea.
- Definition of Parties. In this contract the terms “we” and “Prana” refer to Prana Yoga Teacher College International; and the terms “you”, “student” and “applicant” refer to that person whose signature appears on page one of this contract.
- Admission Requirements. Applicants must be from 18 years old and not pregnant
- Cancellation of Course by Prana. In the event of insufficient enrolment or for any other reason at our sole discretion, we may, no later than 3 days prior to the start of the Teacher Training Program, be required to cancel the program, in which case any course fees paid will be refunded (unfortunately we are unable to provide any further compensation).
- Dismissal During Course. To ensure as much as possible the enjoyment of all students (and their teacher!), inappropriate behavior by a student during the Program (as determined by the course instructor, acting reasonably) will not be tolerated and may result in the student being given written notice and having to leave immediately, and the student’s registration cancelled, without any refund or compensation. Inappropriate behavior includes absenteeism for longer than two consecutive days of classes without informing a Prana representative and providing a reasonable explanation, cheating or plagiarism, theft or non-accidental damage to Prana’s property. Behavior displaying insubordination, refusal to co-operate with instructors, fellow students or schedules, use of alcohol or non-prescription drugs in class or attending classes under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs, flagrant disrespect of Prana’s rules of conduct and policies, and non-payment of scheduled tuition fee payments, if applicable. In such case, no refund of any kind shall be provided to the Student.
- Cancellation by Student & Refund Policy. The course fee is non-refundable. A student that cancels his participation in the course, will be granted the full fee by credit, and will be able to use it in registration to any of the courses that Prana Yoga College offers (If the other course is more expensive, the student will need to pay the difference between prices).
- Payment Terms:
- by Cash, Cheques, Credit Card or Paypal, through the proper page on Prana Yoga College website.
- payment has to be completed before the end of the course, in order to get the certification, unless it was agreed otherwise.
- Certification. Upon successful completion of the Program and full payment of fees, graduates will be awarded a Yoga Teacher 200hr – Level 1 Certificate for students who facilitate yoga classes of all-levels. In case of mailing the certificate, prana will mail certificates within one month of the completion of Program requirements.
- Photo Release. You hereby irrevocably grant to Prana (for all media throughout the world (including print, home video, CD-ROM, DVD, internet and any other electronic medium presently in existence or invented in the future) the right to use, including, without limitation, the right to exhibit, display, broadcast, distribute and create derivative works of and incorporate (alone or together with other materials), in whole or in part, photographs and video footage taken of you as a result of your participation in approved Prana activities (the “Property”). You hereby relinquish any right that you may have to examine or approve any completed products, advertising or printed matter that may use the Property. This agreement shall not obligate Prana to use the Property or to use any of the rights granted hereunder. Prana shall have the right to assign its rights hereunder, without your consent, in whole or in part, to any person or legal entity.
- Prana's Intellectual Property Rights. All rights in the Course and the Program content are vested in Prana. Under no circumstances you may copy, reproduce, duplicate, publish, download, transmit, modify, translate, display, or otherwise use or exploit any portion of such content without Prana's prior written consent. The Prana Yoga College logo and all other logos used by Prana are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Prana.
- Waiver of Right to Sue. You waive any and all claims you may now and in the future have against, and release and forever discharge from all liability, and agree not to sue, Prana, or any of either of its owners, operators, instructors, volunteers or other representatives (all together, the “Prana Group”) for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by the applicant as a result of the applicant’s participation in the Teacher Training Program and in connection with the Property due to any cause whatsoever, including and without limitation, active or passive negligence, imprudence, lack of skill, error or judgment, breach of contract, or breach of statutory duty of care on the part of Prana Group. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby agree that you will not bring or consent to others bringing claims or actions against the Prana Group, or any member thereof, on the grounds that anything contained in the Property or the use thereof is defamatory, reflects adversely on you, violates any other right whatsoever, including, without limitation, rights of privacy and publicity. Despite the above waiver, if a competent court in the state of Israel declare such waiver to be unlawful or limited in its scope, Prana's cumulative liability for damages, if any, for all claims of any kind arising in connection to this Agreement, shall be limited to the amount of the fee actually received from the Student under this agreement.
- Choice of Law and Jurisdiction. The law of Israel shall govern this agreement and the applicable courts in Tel-Aviv, Jaffa shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any matter related to this agreement. What happens with courses outside of Israel
- Indemnity. You agree to save harmless and indemnify the Prana Group from and against any and all liability for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss to any third party, resulting from your participation in the Teacher Training Program.